Dear praying friends,
Each day brings new matters for praise and prayer. Thank you for undertaking this vital ministry on Dr. Ramesh Richard’s and RREACH’s behalf. Here are a few items for your intercession this week:
- GPA Nicaragua graduated 25 fine young pastors last week! Many are fairly young in ministry and in faith. Praise God for their connecting, uniting and strengthening, and pray for continued growth in these areas.
- GPA Tanzania is set to begin this Thursday, March 19. National GPA Coordinator Rajiv Richard leaves for Africa tomorrow. Pray that this special set of men will connect, unite and be strengthened.
- 2015 Dallas GPA candidates from Nigeria and Cambodia have received visas! Four more pastors have visa appointments this week; some still need to make appointments. Timely visa applications help us obtain better airfares (and each pastor is responsible for one half of his airfare).
- The GProCongress Program Leader is one of Dr. Richard’s most pressing prayer requests. We would like to have this person in place by April 1. Please ask the Lord to provide.
- Dr. Richard has a busy week and two Sunday morning messages to deliver before he takes off next Monday, March 23, the Lord willing, for a jam-packed trip across Asia. He praises God for the medical help his daughter, Sitara, received while battling a serious infection last week, and is grateful for each who prayed and sent encouragement.
- Severe attacks on Christians in the Middle East continue. One 2015 Dallas GPA candidate from the region sent the following note on Sunday, 3/15: Please pray for the people whose relatives were killed and injured in suicide attacks on churches. My own house is very near one of the affected churches. I had gone for Sunday service and my wife was at home. She is traumatized and very shocked. Please pray for our family as well.
We appreciate your faith-full, persevering prayerfulness!
Thank you for continuing to pray for Dr. Ramesh Richard as he travels and ministers in the Middle East.
Praise God for:
- A good trip to Jordan, where Dr. Richard spoke at a dinner the evening prior to the Jordan Evangelical Theological Seminary’s graduation and building dedication ceremony.
- Encouraging and fruitful meetings with pastoral trainers from this region who are interested in the Global Proclamation Congress for Pastoral Trainers.
- A wonderful time of sharing God’s word in Jerusalem.
Please continue to pray for God’s protection of Dr. Richard and believers in Jerusalem, where just four hours ago, the city was attacked by two projectiles believed to be launched from northern Gaza. Dr. Richard tweeted this:
@ this very moment 9pm local time, air sirens blaring, 2 bombs coming in, & intercepted by the Iron dome. There’s a hush in the soul
Media later reported that the Israel Defense Forces struck the rocket launcher used in the attack.
Please also pray for God to strengthen Dr. Richard spiritually, mentally and physically after a long, activity-packed trip. Finally, pray for Dr. Richard’s family and the RREACH staff while he is away.
For His glory,
Thank you for your continued prayer for Dr. Richard and RREACH. Dr. Richard currently is ministering in Lebanon, and has a few additional stops to make while he is in the region. Please join us in praising God for a wonderful reunion Dr. Richard already has had with three past Dallas GPA graduates.
Dr. Richard with Lebanese Dallas GPA grads from 2006, 2014 and 2013 (L to R)
And please join us in praying for the following:
* That God would use Dr. Richard’s words to encourage and transform individuals attending a workshop on Spiritual Pitfalls he is presenting in Beirut.
* For meetings with pastoral trainers from around the region—that Dr. Richard would clearly communicate the vision, mission and outcomes of the 2016 Global Proclamation Congress for Pastoral Trainers, and that those hearing about it would desire not only to attend, but also to encourage other pastoral trainers in their spheres of influence to attend.
* For God to use Dr. Richard’s preaching during an upcoming Sunday morning church service.
* For God to protect Dr. Richard during his time traveling in the Middle East.
For His glory,
Dr. Richard had been planning a September trip to the Middle East to encourage pastors there. However, because of rapidly changing circumstances in that region, he has had to postpone that trip.
Please pray for:
- Guidance as RREACH considers how to minister to pastors in the Middle East.
- For the needs of Middle Eastern pastors and their families.
- That RREACH’s Pastor’s Family Care Fund projects, which are continuing despite the changes to Dr. Richard’s travel plans, would meet needs and encourage the Middle Eastern pastors.
(RREACH’s Pastor’s Family Care Fund provides specifically for Gospel proclaimers and their families during times of extreme need. Dr. Ramesh Richard has noted over the years that wherever relief is needed, pastors are often the ones administering it. They and their families sacrifice to help others. Click here for more information.)
For His glory,
Greetings on behalf of Dr. Ramesh Richard. You have no doubt heard of the violence taking place in Egypt, a country in which RREACH has been blessed to minister over the years. We have received requests from some of the pastors there, which are listed below.
Please join Dr. Richard, the RREACH board and the RREACH staff as we pray for Egyptian pastors and Christians – including those who have touched and been touched by RREACH (550 pastors from 19 denominations at a pastors conference a few years ago and 18 young, lead pastors at GPA Egypt last year.)
Amidst protests by supporters of ousted President Mohammed Morsi, churches and Christian businesses and homes are under attack in multiple cities in Egypt. Protestors are throwing stones and Molotov cocktails at churches, and there are reports that Christians’ homes have been burned.
The police and army are trying to maintain safety for all people and to disperse the protestors peacefully. In some areas these protests have been going on for up to six weeks, blocking roads and causing a great amount of suffering for people in those neighborhoods and those who commute through those neighborhoods.
That the situation will calm down and violence would cease
For wisdom for the police and army
For the safety of all churches and congregations
For strength and protection for Christians in Egypt, especially for pastors there
For His glory,
RREACH Prayer Coordinator