Dear praying friends,
Thank you for praying Dr. Richard through his first 2015 ministry trip. He has served in four different cities across India in 10 days. The Lord willing, he will return to Dallas later this week. Please pray that the Word Dr. Richard has proclaimed will continue to transform those who have heard. Some attendees of the recent pre-evangelistic event for business leaders in Aurangabad, India, were so interested in his talk on “Successful Success” that they wanted to meet with him right away!
Other items to bring before the Lord include a strategic prayer day with the RREACH staff next week and an opportunity to cast vision for the GProCongress at a gathering of leaders in the Pacific Northwest next weekend. Finally, praise God that GPA Cuba is set to begin tomorrow. Please pray for:
- protection and sensitivity to the Holy Spirit for the organizers and master coaches
- a deeply meaningful and life-changing experience for the delegates, and
- the effects to spread across that oppressed land for the glory of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Dear praying friends,
“I am worn out after a rich and meaningful start to the New Year, just like I would want it—my equivalent of a ministry-Times Square ball-drop!” So wrote Dr. Richard after he spoke at a Watch Night service for 2,000 in Chennai, India. (You can watch a brief video here: http://viewpure.com/YSzXech0cMc.) He has since traveled north to Maharashtra State to meet with pastors, cast vision for the GProCongress, and speak at an evangelistic event for business leaders, all organized by GPA grad Pastor A. Early reports indicate that about 110, 60% nonbelievers, attended the evangelistic event. The Lord willing, on January 5 he’ll be off to another city for a spontaneously-organized evangelistic event.
As you remember Dr. Richard and these ministry opportunities in prayer, please also ask the Lord to give him restorative sleep. He managed to get three hours in the first 30 of this trip. Thank you for praying!
Dear praying friends,
Dr. Richard sends New Years greetings from India, where he is a keynote speaker for the University of Evangelical Students of India’s 60th jubilee gatherings. In addition to presenting devotions, the Lord willing, he will speak at the Watch Night service of covenant and communion. Please pray for this to be a meaningful time. Also pray for the Lord’s hand to be on him during upcoming events and meetings—both scheduled and impromptu.
The GProCongress team continues to move forward toward the 2016 global gathering of pastoral trainers. Ask the Lord for excellence in execution of every detail and resolution of the hurdles that inevitably come with planning an event of this scope. And don’t forget to pray for total protection and global provision.
“Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth. Sing to the Lord, praise his name; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.” Psalm 96: 1-3
Thank you for praying for Dr. Richard while he ministered in India earlier this month. We are grateful to bring you the following praises from his trip!
- While in India, Dr. Richard was able to see many friends when he spoke at the 20th anniversary of a church plant by Delhi Bible Fellowship, where he served as pastor in the mid-1980s. The church plant had struggled when Dr. Richard was serving in India, but the Lord has been gracious and in the last 20 years they have planted several more churches.
- Dr. Richard also spoke at a leadership conference, and was thankful that RREACH friend and former coach Del Harris could join him and present a workshop.
- In Bihar State (once called the “graveyard of missions”) Dr. Richard spoke at a pastors conference in Patna attended by 170 pastors and their wives. One of Dr. Richard’s childhood friends felt called to Bihar, where being a Christian meant being under threat in every way. Now, 30 years later, this place is called the “vineyard of missions” and there are 1,140 churches and 110 pastors there! (Pastoral training is of great importance here so that church health can keep up with church growth!)
Evangelizing opinion leaders:
- RREACH and our partners in Bihar held their first-ever evangelistic event in Patna, attended by 70 people, including 45 unbelievers. Several trusted Christ!
- At an evangelistic event in Bangalore, a former classmate of Dr. Richard’s responded to the invitation to trust Christ!
Please continue to pray for those who attended events and meetings at which Dr. Richard spoke, that God would continue to use Dr. Richard’s words in their lives to encourage, convict and bring them into fuller relationships with Himself.
For His glory,
P.S. We have updated news on the 2014 Dallas GPA! Click here to see it!
Please continue to pray for Dr. Richard as he ministers in India. He arrived safely and has, among other things, spoken at a pastors conference of 170 pastors and their wives and at an evangelistic event attended by 70, including 15 unbelievers, three who responded to his message. Praise God for these opportunities, and please pray for the Lord to sustain Dr. Richard’s physical health as he has several more full days of ministry ahead of him.
We hope to have a full trip update for you soon. In the mean time, please continue to pray for the upcoming Dallas GPA. We have several updates since our last post.
We have accepted 25 candidates, including 11 pastors who have obtained their visas. Praise the Lord for His provision, and continue to pray that we’d soon have a full class of 25 pastors with visas.
Also, join us in praising God for the following:
- Pastor K from Togo was able to pick up his visa for the relevant dates without incident.
- Pastor J from Mozambique and Pastor P from Myanmar were granted their visas.
Please continue to pray for favor during these upcoming visa appointments:
- March 3: Pastor A from Burkina Faso
- March 3: Pastor V from Liberia
- March 13: Pastor G from Cameroon
Please also pray:
For His glory,
- For God to provide one more master coach to join Dr. Richard in filling out the 2014 Dallas GPA faculty.
- For God to provide the entire budget for the Dallas GPA by June 28. (The Pastors pay for half of their air travel to Dallas and RREACH covers the other half and all expenses of food, lodging, travel and education during the GPA.)
Thank you for continuing to pray for Dr. Richard and RREACH. Dr. Richard is leaving today for a 12-day trip to India and SE Asia. Please pray for travel mercies and divine appointments during his time abroad. Also, pray for the Lord to bless this special time in his homeland.
- Ministering in India over the years.
Also, please pray for these specific opportunities that he will have to proclaim Christ:
- Preaching at two churches: Pray that God would use Dr. Richard’s preaching to bring glory to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Speaking at two evangelistic events: Pray for more than half in attendance to be unbelievers and for soft hearts to respond to the Gospel.
- Speaking at a leadership conference and other meetings: Pray those attending will arrive safely and that Dr. Richard’s message is encouraging to them.
Dr. Richard also will take a one-day trip to SE Asia for meetings related to the 2016 Global Proclamation Congress for Pastoral Trainers. Please pray for God’s wisdom and timing as these discussions take place.
For His glory,
Thank you for continuing to pray for Dr. Richard and RREACH. We have a flurry of requests to share with you!
1. Please pray for Dr. Richard as he ministers in four countries in Africa, including encouraging pastors at two national GPAs (South Africa and Zambia), giving an evangelistic talk to opinion leaders in Zambia and attending a series of meetings, among other ministry activities.
Pray specifically that the Lord would strengthen Dr. Richard in body and mind as he will be keeping an intense schedule. Also pray for travel safety and for effective meetings.
2. Please pray for GPA South Africa, which is happening now, and GPA Zambia, which is scheduled for October 17-26.
Pastors at GPA South Africa
- Pray that pastors attending would come with eager hearts and minds, ready to learn.
- Pray that they’d be encouraged by the fellowship with other pastors.
- Pray that they would be strengthened to better lead their congregations and would multiply their training to other pastors in their communities.
3. Please pray for those on India’s East Coast, which was badly damaged by a cyclone this weekend. News outlets are reporting that 1 million people evacuated the area and are returning now to assess the damage. Twenty-five people died.
Please pray especially for pastors in this area who are faced not only with dealing with the damage to their own properties, but also are called to minister to their hurting congregations in the midst of this natural disaster.
For His glory,