ALARM Inc., Burundi, Dr. David Jeremiah, God's Word, Gospel, GProCongress, intense travel, military officers, multiplying proclaimers, Pastoral Training, pastors, police officers, political parties, Proclaim, Shadow Mountain Community Church, students, worldwide
Dear praying friends,
Two days in 30 were all I could give to Dallas last month. Fortunately, six of the 30 were spent with Bonnie and son Robby and his family in Greenville, South Carolina. Everyone with grandkids know they energize grandparents while depleting them. They gave me enough joy to bear the intense travel of the month.
It began in the eastern tip of North America—Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. A dozen leaders met to discuss additional initiatives stimulated at last year’s GProCongress. That GProCongress, which you helped support, continues to ripple all over the world with beautiful and fruitful effect.
Speaking over a weekend at Shadow Mountain Community Church in San Diego, California, on the other end of the continent, was another amazing experience. Well-trained to listen by eminent preacher Dr. David Jeremiah, God’s people were terrifically responsive.
Soon after I left for a most remote country which most don’t know exists! Broken, but beautiful and beloved, Burundi (Google it!) wore me out. ALARM, Inc. our host, had me speak
- Sunday—at a three and a half hour service for about 2000 people, involving a one and a half hour message with translation. My voice was already showing weakness.
- Monday—four hours with 120 select pastors on “Shepherding;” their questions showed much lack of pastoral training.
- Tuesday—three hours with 80 officers of their police and military sitting together for the first time in their history to uphold both the law and government of the land, hearing about Ethics and Society. Several made public spiritual commitments. That evening with businessmen had a light turn-out, yet many among the few embraced the Gospel.
- Wednesday—three hours with about 200 university students on “Foundations for the Future.” Their questions, too, revealed lack of basic knowledge, but great eagerness.
- Wednesday evening was my highlight as 100 select politicians from ALL 29 political parties attended a two hour seminar. I don’t know any country where all political parties would attend anywhere together! Several embraced the Gospel.
With my voice totally silent by then, I wondered how I could proclaim God’s Word two more times on the way back. And as I have experienced many times before, God’s strength accompanied my weakness…just for the speaking moment…and then I became weak again. God did it, once more! Thank you for being part of His specific support system in this servant’s life of proclaiming and multiplying proclaimers of God’s Word worldwide.
P.S. Feeling uncertain about the state of the world? You may find comfort in my reflections from October 2001.